Thursday, July 26, 2007

Almost Ready to Adopt

As many of you know, the past 6 months we have thought a lot about our future family. Being advised by our geneticist not to have any more children, we have spent many hours praying and thinking about what we should do. We feel like our Heavenly Father has directed us to adoption, and we are so very excited! When we began the process, we were planning on all the paperwork taking awhile, but amazingly we have been able to finish it all in only about 2 months. We have to finish up a few things (putting together our family photo collage and a home visit by our caseworker) and then we are ready...at least on paper. We cannot believe how quickly we've been able to get everything ready, but I honestly feel we have been guided through the process. It is all very exciting and, actually, quite spiritual. We are grateful for this opportunity that we have to add to our family through adoption. And there is no doubt in my mind that Samantha will be a great little big sister!





While I was cooking dinner, Marcus took Samantha outside. Here Daddy and Daughter watch cars pass by.

8 comments:

Eric Russell said...

Good luck, kids!

That's a pretty good picture. Marcus and Samantha are at the sidewalk crossroads, yet looking forward.

reggstyl said...

Jenny! Great blog. Samantha is so cute, I love seeing all of the pictures of her.

mj said...

love that picture.

Sam said...

That is such a cute picture!

Lesley said...

Jenny! Not sure if you remember me...Lesley, Marci's cousin. I was just doin' my blog hoppin' when I saw a "jenny" posted on Marci's blog...I thought "could it be?", And yes, it was. I told my husband immediately, this is one of the funniest girls I've ever met, really, one of the funniest. Looks like things are going great for you! Where are you guys?

Marcus and Jenny said...

Lesley! Of course I remember you. Hello! Could I possibly forget the amazing...YOU? Marse told me that you got married. Congrats. We're still in Provo, and will be for one more year. Marcus is finishing up a graduate program, then we're off to somewhere over the rainbow. What are you doing these days with your handsome prince?

Lesley said...

We're just being real people and working every day...ugh:) We live in Draper. I work in SLC, he works in Provo. I don't know where the heck we'll be until when....but we're living the dream. Maybe there's a chance we'll see you in the next year before you leave?

Jenny said...

ah, yeah! Lesley, I'd love to see you! YOu knwo Lisa's here now too. Maybe we could get together for lunch sometime, us 3, or maybe us 5 -- including Sophie and Samantha of course!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails