Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sugar-Free Green



Yep, I'm doing it. Marcus is excited about it. He's up for the challenge. So that's good. I went out today and refreshed some of my veggies and fruit stash so I'd have some stuff to munch on while I deprive myself of all that is good in this world. I also bought some sugar-free jello for my weaker moments. I should make that up now so it'll be ready when I start to crash. But, I really think I can do it. I'm just going a month. I know that's not extremely long or anything. But we are going to to Disney World in August and I'm not stupid enough to try to do a sugar fast in Disney -- the land of perpetual childhood, fun, and...treats. Wahoo! Here's to sugar deprivation!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I did a sugar fast for 7 weeks--I allowed myself carrots and apples b/c they don't turn into pure sugar in your system like potatoes do (yep, if you're going to do it for reals, no potatoes or bread, even). So, anyway, I was really proud of myself and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. However, I very often turned into this screaming meanie whilst the real me stood off to one side and watched this totally out of control freakazoid chase her cute little angel of a son around the house for not washing his hands. Don't let me discourage you, though (I lost 15 pounds--Jello brand sugar free chocolate pudding was a life saver)

Amanda P said...

Jenny, you can definitly do this! I think this is totally do-able. I'm interested in a before, midway and after post. You can do anything for a month! I've heard that brocolli can help with sugar/sweets cravings. I have no clue if it works or not.

Katie said...

Hey Jenny! Way to go! That can be hard, but it's worth it. Chris and I have been doing a modified sugar diet since we were dating... and crazily it still continues. We decided to limit our sugar intake (not get rid of it completely though so I'll be motivated to continue with the lifestyle). We pick two days a week to eat one dessert of choice (for us it's Wed & Fri or Sat). Then on Sunday, it's a "no questions asked" day, so we can splurge a little. It's been really cool because we really watch what we eat, it builds self-restraint, and we end up not really missing anything. You'll do great!

Rose and Daniel said...

Oh Jenny, you inspire me! Daniel would love to do this. Maybe you will be the inspiration I need to make it happen. Good luck!

Bryant and April said...

Yeah, you're going to join the sugar fast group huh! Well, if I can do it, you can do it! Goodluck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails