Thursday, September 4, 2008

Post Follow-Up

Dear Anonymous and other commenters:

Thank you for reading my last post and for commenting. Your comments are well received and appreciated. I would like to say a word regarding the previously mentioned post in order to clarify and comment on your own comments.

I do not believe that Barack Obama was initially seeking out the Hollywood attention. As any candidate, he is seeking media attention. That is to be expected. How else will he get his name out across the country? Heidi Ashworth made a comment and I agree with what you said: "I think the people are at fault. Sorry America, but our priorities are all screwed up. It's really sad." I concur. We feed into it all. We are the oil that feeds the fire. It is disturbing. But, what is more disturbing to me is that I feel like he so readily going along with it. He is the object of this celebrity talk and there is a reason for it. If the tables were turned and McCain were in Obama's position, I would be equally annoyed.

Once again, I believe Obama is a good man. Sincerely, I believe he wants what is best. My idea is different from his on how to achieve "best" but I think he has great intentions. He is a fabulous speaker and is inspiring. There is a reason, yes anonymous, that people flock to him. I'm not denying that at all. My fear is that a lot of the Obama supporters don't know what they are voting for because the facts are overlooked by the excitement of it all.

Look, friends, there is always something that bothers me about campaigns. Usually it's the mud slinging. I am so happy that this time around there seems to be less of that. I was impressed with Obama, when referring to Palin's daughter, making a statement discouraging others to use that as a point against the McCain/Palin campaign. I'm grateful for a campaign season where I feel like there are 2 good, decent men running for President. However, the celebrity issue stands for me. I have no doubt that in the coming time we will get to know these two candidates better, and hopefully, we will all make an educated vote.

Thank you.
Jenny

5 comments:

Marci said...

Jen - who are these people posting on your blog??? Interesting...

Love the politics rundown. Matt would love to talk to you for HOURS about this. no, not hours. DAYS.

Miss you.

Teri said...

I'm glad you didn't apologize, Jenny. I understood that you weren't bashing on Obama, you were just pointing out that the media has made another Hollywood star. I appreciated what you had to say and am glad you aren't afraid of your opinion.

Speaking of opinions, I love Spokane and hope you guys do, too. I grew up in a small town about 2 1/2 hours south of Spokane called Clarkston. We played many Spokane schools in sports and needless to say lost often.

Heidi said...

It's so easy for a commentor to take one thread and take off with it--sorry that happened to you. (As for me, I just wish I would get comments!) I still say you are making a very good point. It's kinda scary.

Vanessa Swenson said...

When's the first debate? I'm thinking that finally we'll be able to get something more concrete.
And the vice presidential debate is so fascinating now! Sarah Palin v. Joe Biden? I'm so interested to see how this all goes down.

Maybe then we can let go of all of this celebrity junk, eh, and get down to the important stuff, get our priorities corrected.
Okay, pipe dream, I know.

rachel said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on these issues. It is going to be an interesting next few months... I am also glad Obama said what he did about Palin and her family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails