Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Birthday Girl

Callie didn't have a birthDay.  She had a birthWEEK.  That's right.  Wednesday was her birthday, and we weren't going to celebrate because Marcus would be getting home from work late and Sammy would be in bed.  I wanted us all to be there.  But, I wanted Wednesday to be special for her.  We made cupcakes and did a lot of fun things together.  It was a good day. 

But Friday, now Friday was the day.  She asked me for a big pink cake for her birthday.  Hmmm I had been planning on making a puppy cake, but she opted for the big pink cake.  I went with a raspberry vanilla cake (recipe off the Softasilk flour box).  It was ok.  I wasn't too thrilled about it, but other people seemed to like it enough.  She loved it.  So, that's all that matters.  



Before the "party" started, Nathaniel stared at Callie in awe.


Very ready to light the candles and get going!


I love this picture.

Not the best lighting, but that's innards of the cake.  Layered...raspberry stuff, cake, raspberry frosting.


Washable markers and a ream of your very own paper!!!!  She loves this.  For "Secret Santa" back in Spokane, that's what one of the kids wanted and I've always remembered that.  What a great idea for kids.  This was from Grammy.

I got Callie her own electric toothbrush.  I know she doesn't seem excited, but she is.  I assure you.

Callie loves Uncle John.  All day she was telling us "Uncle John's coming over."  He let her do his hair, which was very charitable.  This reminds me, a little, of when I was younger.  I used to brush my mom's Uncle Tom's...or was it Dan?  I always get those two mixed up...hair.  He was such a good sport.  It's a good memory.
 Callie had a good birthday.  She felt special and loved and spoiled.  I didn't go all out on gifts.  I did get her a huge map for her wall and she loves looking at it with me.  She knows where she was born, where Grandma and Grandpa Haubert live, where we live, where Canada is...she loves maps.  She got a toothbrush and her own toothpaste.  Yes, very practical gifts.  But that's what grandparents are for, right?  They did the spoiling.  Grandma and Grandpa Haubert sent her a doll that she loves and helped pay for her dance classes she's starting in a couple weeks!  Yeah.  I'm so excited for her.  Grammy and Grandpa got the paper and markers, and a My Little Pony big pony that both she and Samantha love!  It was a good day to be Callie.

2 comments:

The Nelsons said...

My girls love Uncle John too!! He's so sweet with the kids! I'm glad Callie had a fun day - the cake looks delish, by the way. :)

Tara Bennett said...

What a cute cake for a cute birthday girl!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails