Wednesday, June 29, 2011

We're Back

We're back in town and I have pictures and things that I want to post and update, but I'm busy preparing for Girls' Camp coming up way too fast!!!

* Sammy is sick and can't stop throwing up.  I noticed this morning that she was really disoriented (said "disorientated" with a British accent -- thank you Bear Grylls).  I thought she'd have a seizure.  Instead, while I was holding her, she threw up.  Then again.  Then again.  It's always right after you clean up the kids that they let loose again.  She has an appointment at 11:30am.  I'm thinking she may have strep since my mom got it while we were there in Michigan.  We'll see.

* Callie's struggling with the time change, or maybe she's just struggling with being 3 years old!

* While in Michigan, friends held a silent auction fundraiser -- Strength for Sammy -- and in that one night raised just over $10,000!  Seriously?!  Seriously people.  Insane.  I know I haven't been good at keeping our sidebar fundraising thermometer up to date, but between the 5k and this, that's $22,000!  My heart is so...just bursting right now.  This secures 3 therapies at Now I Can for Sammy, and will pay for the at-home therapy we do with her.  The past few months of fundraising has changed my life...changed the course of my life...and that's a post to come.  I. Can. Not. Believe. This.  There are so many good people in the world who want the opportunity to help and serve. 

* I have had a hard time coming back to California.  It's ok now, but the first 2 days were hard for me.  I really missed my family, a lot.  It's not that I hate California or anything, but I love Michigan and I love my family.  I want to live there.  I do.  So, there we go.  Most likely we won't end up there, but I told Marcus I was looking for jobs there for him, and he's good with it.  So, I go forth, on a mission!  We could be by my family, buy a house (with a 50% down payment practically, not kidding), great schools, seasons, good state for special needs, a great network of friends already there, the lakes, real yards and land, etc etc etc.  But, there is snow. 
* We took family pictures while in Michigan.  I think they turned out semi-ok.  But if what she has posted on facebook are the "best" ones...oh man.  That's too bad.

* We went to Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City, Michigan.  It was so fun!  Indoor water park, slides, pools.  Problem is that Callie loves water but not being splashed.  Try to make that work in an indoor water park.  Her favorite is the "hot water" -- hot tub.  Great.

* A couple days ago, I caught up with Analisa and Bryan.  I like talking to them, so that was really fun and made me happy about being back.  Bryan had my laughing so hard, I was crying and had a hard time breathing at points.  We all need that occasionally. 

Ok, I'm off to check on Sammy and get us ready for this doctor appointment.  Pictures to come, who knows when.

1 comment:

Kimba said...

oh jenny, that's amazing!!! i'm so excited and happy for you! and not just because it means 3 trips to utah for you.... :) can't wait to hear what happens on the job front, i know what you mean. we love being here and with family! but i do love and REALLY miss cali. but it's hard to argue with the price.

good luck with girls camp!! :) and i hope sammy feels better soon, that's the worst.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails