Sunday, June 16, 2013

Fathers Day 2013

I've been so blessed by fantastic fathers in my life.  My own dad is the best.  Hands down, he's one of the best dads I know and I think about him often in my parenting.  I try to have his patience.  I'm not as good as he is at it, but he is a big influence in my life about what kind of parent I want to be.

Marcus.  He's a great dad to our kiddos.  He adores Samantha and has since day 1.  He loves wrestling with her, making her laugh, and just snuggling with her in the mornings on the couch.  He loves Callie and prays for her often.  He worries about her and wants what is best.  He takes time out of his busy day to spend time with her and give her the extra attention she seems to need some days.  And Micah?  He's pretty proud of his son and our little Micah loves him right back.  They have had a pretty immediate bond and it's been fun to watch.

Never has Samantha's disabilities or health problems been an issue or gotten in the way of his loving her with his whole heart.  Never has the fact that Callie and Micah are not biologically ours been an issue or gotten in the way of his loving them with his whole heart.  It seems silly to even write this because it's so natural for us, but race, gender...nothing...has kept him from being anything but a great dad who loves his kids and shows it regularly.  I have been known to take that all for granted until I hear of, or meet, someone who struggles with some of those things.  He embraces fatherhood.  And I love him all the more for it.

Happy Father's Day Marcus

After church we took some pictures.  Micah was already asleep.   So, here's Daddy with his girls.  Yes, this is the best picture we got of the day.

Callie, why don't you squeeze harder?

Yep, that's better.

I love you Marcus.
(Nice photography Callie)

Callie picked out this card that sang and she thought it was hilarious.  It was very difficult for her to not give it to him a week ago!

Sammy made Daddy this shirt at school.
And lest we forget that Micah is still here in our family...here's a quick snap shot.  No, he regretfully didn't get in any of the official Father's Day pictures, I assure you he thoroughly enjoyed his first Father's Day festivities and gave Daddy plenty of smiles, giggles, squeals, and bites.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails