Wednesday, January 15, 2014

After School Sammy

One of my favorite times of the day is when Sammy comes home from school.  We wait for the bus to come down our street and stop, right in front of the house.  It makes me so happy.  When the bus doors open up, it's the same everyday.  I walk enter the bus, walk up the 3 steps, turn to my left, and there she is...sitting on the left side, front seat, all strapped in.  There hasn't been one day that has gone by that she doesn't give me a big 'ole smile when she sees me.  I unstrap her, take her back pack, wish our bus driver farewell and inside we go.  On our way up the driveway into the house, I give her kisses and ask how her day was.  She just smiles and leans in as I carry her up.  Then, she sits for her after-school snack.

It's my favorite.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails