Sunday, October 19, 2014

Uesugi Farm 2014

As tradition would have it, we spent a Monday night family night at the pumpkin patch.  We went down to San Martin and went to Uesugi Farm.  For some reason I thought it was the one we went to last year. It wasn't. It was ok, but I preferred the one we went to last year. I need to look that up and see where that was. But, I'd say Pumpkin Patch 2014 was a success nonetheless.

Callie kindly led Micah around.

Possibly my a favorite picture of the night.

Callie and Micah waited with much anticipation to get on the train!

Or, this could be my favorite picture.

The train was a huge hit! Sammy loved it. Callie and Micah felt all grown up in their own seat.




I have this love for sunflowers lately...well, over the past year or so. They aren't my favorite flower in terms of beauty necessarily. Don't get me wrong. There is a lot of pizazz in a sunflower and I love the vibrant color. But the sunflower has become so symbolic to me...how they always face the sun.I loved the sunflowers at the farm so was taking a couple shots when this bee started working. And the symbolism became richer. So I took a picture hoping to capture the memory and thoughts I had during the visit at the farm.


Rows of fall flowers that Micah loved running through.


 I thought the carousel would be a fan favorite...for sure. Callie and Sammy loved it. But Micah was terrified. He would NOT let me get him on his own horse ~ or any animal for that matter! He and I ended up sitting on a bench and just going around and around. He held tight and put his head down. It wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be for him, but at least it wasn't traumatic.


I'm not sure what's funnier...Sammy's toothy grin or Callie in the background!



 



 
Playin' the pumpkin drum. What a goof.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails