Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just Another Sunday

We try to do our best of avoiding too much of the tube.  Yes, that darn television, if you aren't careful, can suck you in.  I've gotten really good at cutting back on the shows I watch.  I really only watch a couple shows now...though really, I probably shouldn't watch anything.  And we've cut way back on tv for Callie.  She was watching a lot in the mornings.  So, we have a new routine that gives her 1/2 hour in the morning, and that's what we shoot for each day.  That one "I'm-still-waking-up" show that she can watch is ok in my book.

But today, oh dear me, today was filled with tv.  She was chipper pre-nap.  You know those days when you are madly in love with your children?  They can do no wrong?  They are just little angels and you feel so lucky and blessed to be their parents?  Yeah.  It was that day for me.  I was enjoying Callie so much, I even stayed in bed with her until we both fell asleep for her nap.  When was the last time you did that?  It's the best.  I was singing her to sleep, brushing her hair with my fingertips...next thing I knew, Marcus was tapping my foot wondering if I had really fallen asleep.  Um, yeah.  I was asleep.  Anyway....

While Callie napped, I took Sammy on a TWO hour walk!  Holy moly friends!  When was the last time I did that?!  Marcus was able to relax a little bit and I talked on the phone to my mom, Bryan, Analisa, and my mom again before I got home.  Yes.  It was quite the walk.  I'm just glad Sammy enjoyed it too.  She was so content, and adorable.  I'd stop to see how she was doing, and she'd just look up at me and smile.  She's been in a remarkably fantastic mood the past 2 days. 

Back to Callie...So, post-nap wasn't too great.  She wanted me to hold her, so I did for a long time.  I just sat on the hallway floor with her and held her.  I noticed she was quite warm.  We decided she could relax and watch some tv.  Well, poor girl, I think is in fact sick.  Blargh!  After I painted her finger and toe nails pink (upon request of course) she began chattering her teeth like she was in the Artic!  In fact, she was shaking so much she could barely hold her cup of water.  Our thermometer died, so I'm not sure what her temperature was, but I'm just hoping it's not too high.  Poor girl.  So, yes.  Callie was indulged with vegging on the couch and watching tv most of the afternoon.  But really, when you're not feeling so hot, there's not much else you want to do.  So, she gets a pass on this one.

Samantha has some ailments of her own.  She has developed this insane rash on her hands.  There's some on her knee and her feet too.  I have no idea what's going on.  It doesn't seem to bother her, but I'm going to see if it's not better by tomorrow and then call the doctor.  I dropped her off with a babysitter yesterday, and I'm wondering if she's having an allergic reaction to the dogs?  Not sure on that one.  Either way...

I just hope that both Callie and Samantha haven't spread something to all the other nusery kids!  How sad would that be?  Ah well...just another Sunday I suppose.

1 comment:

mj said...

sick day at our house yesterday and today too! leah was so cuddly, but so sick. ugh.

and samantha could have hand foot mouth? a bunch of kids in our area got it and they had rashes/bumps on their feet and hands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails