Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rett Syndrome Awareness Month

Many of you voted for Rett Syndrome when Pepsi did their Pepsi Refresh Campaign. Many of you voted for them because...many of you who are reading this blog did it for our mutual friends, Maren and Ryan, and their darling little girl Leah. Leah suffers from Rett Syndrome. But does she have to suffer much longer? I don't know. I hope not. Hopefully this funding that International Rett Syndrome Foundation won will help them get that much closer to a cure.

In the meantime, I stumbled across this video today on YouTube and I was so excited. I am excited for Leah. I am excited for Maren and Ryan. I am excited for the all-too-many sweet little girls who may one day see a reversal to their Rett Syndrome. Watch this...it really is interesting...and it makes me really happy that I voted for IRSF to win this money. They are so close to something big...right on the cusp of winning their children's lives back.

(Oh, and I just saw that on the IRSF homepage they actually link you to articles that discuss this very thing. So you can certainly read more there.)

1 comment:

mj said...

you're so cute. thanks so much. we're praying, that's for sure. i don't care if i'm 80 when i hear leah talk again either. just can't wait for that day. i have a laundry list of questions to ask her. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails