Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Callie's Birthday

As previously mentioned, Callie turned four.  I was so excited, and then...I got sick.  I slept most of her birthday.  But the night before I spent a lot of time decorating.  It was so fun!  Her favorite color is currently RED.  She has informed me that she no longer likes pink.  She will wear it, but red is her color.  (Which is just great since I'm working on a quilt that has greens, pinks, and purples.  Had I known she would like red, I could have done a really cool, bold primary color quilt.  hm) Anyway, the night before we hung these up on her ceiling.  It looked a lot better than the picture shows.  She was really excited when she woke up...there are still a few remaining on the ceiling.   

Sleeping as we work.

 So, with me being sick, it wasn't until the next day, Friday, that we did the real celebrating.  Together, we made a cake.  She was thrilled to be decorating her cake.  She wanted a brown and red cake.  So, we went with chocolate and some red details.  As long as she was decorating, it didn't matter anymore.  She gets very focused when it comes to these matters.  Just look at that concentration.


 We looked up cakes on a website and she chose the "crown."  It wasn't my best cake, but she was happy with it and I can't ask for more than that.
 And of course picture taking isn't complete without an array of goofy pictures.  "Mommy, take anodder one.  Anodder one.  Anodder one.  Can I see?"  The beauty of digital.





Happy Birthday my sweet girl.


 This was actually kind of a funny moment.  I looked over, and Callie was carrying on a conversation with herself about her birthday.  When our eyes met, she just smiled and got all shy.  So funny.
Snow White.  Always a hit these days.


Uncle John and Aunt Susan.  Callie ADORES them!  We didn't do a big birthday party, but it was pretty essential to Callie that these 2 be invited!

Callie and Grammy.

As fantastic as her birthday was, I couldn't help but think of Callie's birthmom (L.).  I'm sure she was thinking of Callie.  I wondered what she was thinking.  We still pray for her and hope the best.  One day, I really do hope that Callie can meet L. if that's what Callie wants.  Her birthmom is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and we really only met her briefly.  If I were able to talk to her, I would assure L. that Callie is thriving.  She is wonderful, happy, beautiful, so smart, curious, kind, and gentle, yet rambunctious, loud, and fun!  We love Callie with all our hearts...I cannot imagine my life without her.  I'd tell L. that we love her and thank Heavenly Father for her daily, pray for her well being, and that though Callie may not know L. personally, she knows her birthmom...she knows her own story...how she came to our family and how much she is loved by so many people. 

Boy do I love this little girl. 

I love you Callie...to forever and back.

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

Happy Birthday Callie, I remember how it was such a happy time for your family when she was adopted! Crazy to think she is already 4. I love that she decided that red is her color and that she was having a conversation by herself. Lucy does that every once in a while in the bathroom mirror :) I think her decorations and cake are supper cute and how fun to make it together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails