Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Home Town Pride



I've got it...that home town pride. Anything that has to do with Detroit and it's surrounding suburban cities, I'm all over it. I married into driving a Honda, so though I cheated on my city, my heart was in the right place. I know I live in Sharks Territory, but I'll always cheer for the Red Wings. I'll always have a soft spot for the Lions would could never seem to win...and the Pistons whose reign of glory I witnessed during their Bad Boys, Back to Back era. Aside from sports, I feel knit into my home town. I haven't lived there in a long time now, but when I hear about things going on there, my ears perk up and I pay attention.

It has made me wonder if it's important at all for Callie and Micah to feel connected to their birth place. Do I only care about Detroit because it was such a part of my growing up? Or would I always wonder about it...even if we moved away when I was little? I don't know. But I have found that Callie has a curiosity about her birth place. Her ears also perk up when she hears about or sees pictures from where she was born. And so, I wrote an article about it for Adoption.com. Because who knows? Maybe it does really matter.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails