Tuesday, June 23, 2009

3rd Birthday -- Part 1

Last night we had a little birthday party for Sammy's THIRD birthday. I really can't believe that 3 years ago today she was born. It was a day of firsts. Giving birth for the first time. Becoming first time parents. Scotty and Chris came and met their new, first niece. It was a very exciting day. So, yesterday, a day early, we celebrated our sweetheart's birthday with some friends.

This year I went with a Tinkerbell cake. This was not easy. Have you ever tried fondant before? Well, I found a fabulous recipe, but I tell you, it was not a piece of cake that's for sure. We'll see if I ever do fondant again!


Sammy with her cake.


Getting ready to blow out the candles.



While Greg cut the cake, I served up the icecream (thanks Amanda and Tim for bringing the icecream!)


Samantha opening up her gifts.
Thanks everyone for coming. (And thanks for the gifts too. That was surely unexpected, but both Samantha and Callie are having a lot more fun the past 2 days with their new loot. And thanks Greg and Julie for hosting.)

5 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

The cake looks AWESOME. I'm going to forward the link to Gretchen. She'll be impressed. Also, you could just do like she does and buy the fondant. If Gretch buys the stuff, you can totally feel justified in doing the same.

Lant Family said...

I cant believe she is 3--or any of the kids born that summer. It seems like yesterday. I remember you came to mothers group at Mary Irenes and you were telling me and Lori all about labor and nursing. Seems like yesterday! Wonderful cake --looks great.

Stephanie said...

amazing cake!

Rob said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!

Vanessa said...

How fun! I didn't know you did cakes! It looks awesome! I want to learn cake decorating so bad!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails