Monday, June 29, 2009

The Memory Keeper's Daughter


** spoiler alert ** Too sad. I've had people tell me about this book in the past, so I've been interested. When I finally sat down to read (listen) to it, I was disappointed. I was interested in the story and how it would all work out, but in the end, I just felt empty. I felt a deep sadness for this Henry fellow -- how he could keep this secret his entire life, destroying many lives. The story was interesting, but it just left me empty. Blarg!

4 comments:

Sage said...

I felt the same way. It seemed like Henry (was that his name, it's been too long since I read it) always made the wrong choice and frankly, what was the point, then.

I wrote about it on my blog last year. I actually tend to use the word "hate" when I refer to this book. There were just a few redeeming aspects. But, mostly, an empty feeling.

Marci said...

I TOTALLY agree. It was quite the disappointment. Such a sad horrid tale and no good relationships coming out of it. What a disappointing book. I will never read it again nor recommend it.

* said...

If it helps, I just finished reading an amazing book, "The time traveler's wife" -- have you read it yet? It's a marvel to behold, but get out your Kleenex for the ending. And the movie is coming out in a few more months (the trailer looks great!).

Emily said...

Not a fan of the book either--I was pretty disappointed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails