Saturday, July 9, 2011

Incomplete

Tonight, while I was holding Callie and swaying with her before I laid her down for bed.

Callie: I wish you could have a baby in your tummy. (she reaches down and touches my stomach)
Me: Why?
Callie: Because it would be much easier.

Oh, you have no idea sweet girl. 

Later, after laying her down and while I scratch her back.

Me: So sweetheart, why do you wish I had a baby in my tummy?
Callie: Because.
Me: Do you want a brother or sister?
Callie: (deep in thought, twisting her closed lips to the side and tapping her head with her finger) A brudder.
Me: Ok.  We'll see what we can do.  I want a baby too.
Callie: Why Mommy?
Me: Because our family isn't complete.  There are more babies that need to come live with us, don't you think?
Callie: (smile)
Me: I love you to the moon and back.
Callie: I love you Mommy.

This was the best way to end a crazy busy day.  She's right, it would be much easier if I just decided to take genetics head on and get pregnant.  But, I'm scared to do that.  And I really believe that that's not God's plan for us...at least right now.  As, kind of, sad as the first part of the little discussion with Callie was for me (as it brought back feelings of discouragement and frustration of waiting for this adoption to happen), it's the second part that made me feel so great.  I know we aren't done.  So, whenever our next baby comes...that baby comes.  I know he'll get here, because we are incomplete.  I have faith in that.

3 comments:

Kimba said...

oh, i so know! though we're in different situations, we're both waiting! and i have to keep reminding myself just that - we're not complete. and it's not on my time schedule. :) that's the hardest part for me!

Larissa said...

I love you. I love that you are adopting. I believe I've told you before that my older sister is adopted and I am so grateful for the blessings the process brings to families. You are blessing so many.

Laura said...

You are amazing and I cherish the mother-thoughts you share. They are inspiring and motivating...and you are right, your next child will come when the time is right, but it IS so hard to wait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails