Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Michigan in Review, Part 1

I was so scared to fly on the plane alone with these 2, but it went incredibly well.  I don't think it could have gone better.  Way to go!  I definitely feel like I can do this again.

Callie enjoyed going to the beach and swinging on the swings.

And she loves her cousin, Lindsay.  Lindsay is a good cousin.  She takes care of her little cousins

Sammy wasn't too cooperative.  We were trying to get a picture of her, but she kept resisting.  I guess everyone needs a break from the camera from time to time.

Down at the beach.  Sammy was watching Lindsay and Callie go down the slide.

Callie really loves the water.  We weren't planning on going swimming because it was a chilly day, but she got in the water anyway and played.  I love this lake so much.  I forget how lucky I was to grow up a short walk away from a lake like this growing up.  To have that in your neighborhood is really really nice, to say the least.

Moments before Sammy went head first into the water, soaking herself quite well.


Growing up, we had a good sized deck on the back of our house.  Then, y.e.a.r.s ago we ripped it out with plans to rebuild.  Finally, this year my dad put on the deck.  When I first got there, he and a friend were working on it each day.  I was able to help him the last part.  It was fun for me to do, and the deck looks beautiful.  He used the synthetic wood, which I think can look really plasticy, but this was really nice stuff.  We were out there a lot.

I love my yard.

What to do when it rains?  Paint.

And play with doors.

And wear googley-eye glasses.

I was able to catch up with some friends I haven't seen in a long long time.  Me, Karen, and Quinn.  I hadn't seen Karen since high school gradution!  That's a long time.  It was so fun to spend a few hours together.  I laughed so hard.  You forget how much you love people sometimes.  I've recommitted to staying in touch better. 

Who doesn't love these fun bouncey houses?  I also visited with my friend, Beth, and she has one.  Samantha was in heaven!

Beth and her sweet Claire

Beth and Claire got along, mmmm, fairly well.  We'll see how they do next year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails