Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Backyardigans


While we were in Michigan, we made a little discovery -- and it was a discovery of great importance in the life of Callie J. Green. That's right. The Backyardigans. Maren has mentioned before in her blog how much Leah loves the Backyardigans, but we had never ventured that way, until Michigan that is. My parents have limited channels, so the key times we turn the tube on...there was nothing on. Bummer. I let Callie watch a little bit while I get Sammy ready for bed -- first thing in the morning she watches a bit to wake up. I know. I know. There are better things we could choose to have her do -- but I choose not to choose those choices because...gosh darnit, I'm tired. So, anyway. I noticed that our backyard friends would be on, and did a little DVR action. Robot on a Rampage. It was a full hour long. And I have to tell you, I don't know how many times we watched that. She LOVED it! I mean, looooovvved it. She would giggle as soon as Austin (the robot repairman) started dancing and she knows all the songs.

These backyard friends, well, I became fond of. They are kind, imaginative animals that really have good, catchy songs...and their dance moves are impressive for cartoons. So, Callie's allowed to watch The Backyardigans. She has our go-ahead on that. For the plane ride back to California, I picked up a DVD at Walmart and I have no idea how many times she's watched it. 15 minutes here...15 minutes there. Hey, at least Caillou's out of the picture now.

2 comments:

mj said...

woot woot! how appropriate that i'm the first commenter. um, i think we own 14 dvds and my sister just picked up the brand-spankin' new one for us. luckily, leah is branching out to clifford and the carebears. but what's a mom to do when her girl can't play with toys. those backyard friends bring her so much happiness. i love watching her giggle and wiggle and dance. and frankly, i enjoy them too. secret: i watched backyardigans before i even had leah! i know. it was on saturday mornings after my runs and i would watch as i stretched. seriously love that show. funny enough, leah's least fav is probably robot repairman. i don't know if it's too long or if it's because it's just a little different than the rest? but she's not the biggest fan. i think it's funny. ok. longest comment ever. sorry.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Ugh, I hate Caillou! Emily loooves the Backyardigans, but I think her all time favorite is still Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails