Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Capture the Samsquatch

Back in June, Samantha turned 4. That's a big deal. And we were excited to celebrate her age progression. Yes, excited in deed. I try to get the yearly pictures taken, but it's become increasingly difficult for JCPenny to get a good picture of her. See, Samantha is not what one would call cooperative. Usually by the time we get to the studio she's crying, how unfortunate, and not willing to sit still in a small studio. I mean, there are drapes and things to check out, and if she won't sit still any other time, why then when she's surrounded by such fun? Furthermore, cheaper -- or, less expensive -- studios only take a few pictures. If they get a good shot, great. If not, too bad. I'm sick of that. (Yet another reason to get my own good camera.)

Today I went over to Jen and Ray's house. We chatted. We laughed. We enjoyed the day. And then I used her Canon Rebel to take some shots of the girly girl. This was my opportunity to try out the Rebel for myself, and also to take Sammy's 4 year old pictures. Here's what we captured:









6 comments:

Amelia said...

SO CUTE!!! I can't believe she is already four! Where does time go. And those eyes and lips are INCREDIBLE!

Paige said...

Cute pictures! She is adorable & looks so happy! & as for my 2 cents: I have a Canon Rebel & I love it! I have never tried the Nikon but from what I gather, they are pretty much the same. I'd go for the Canon though :)

Lant Family said...

so what kind of lens is on the rebel that you were using? Just curious :) I want to add a new lens to my xmas list. And what did you think of the rebel compared to the nikon? Just curious.

Julie said...

I love your new camera! The pictures are awesome! Isaac dropped mine in the pool yesterday. Yep, silly mama for leaving it within arms reach :(

maryirene said...

those are gorgeous pictures of your gorgeous girl. i'm still loving that we just got to see you. :)

Adriane said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the pictures! I know what you mean about JCP... we gave up on them when Kylee was about one. She couldn't turn her head so all the pictures were looking up her nose... Moms always do a better job, I think, 'cause we know how to get our kids more relaxed and naturally happy! I love my Canon Rebel, too :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails