Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sleeping Better and Eating Healthy

Though it feels much longer, we've only been back from our tavels for 3 weeks. Since we've been back in Utah, Samantha has been sleeping horribly - until a few nights ago. She was waking up at least 4 times a night, and that's just not healthy for anyone. But, the past few nights, when she wakes up, we let her cry it out and it seems to be doing the trick. She cries for a little bit and falls back to sleep. What a relief for all of us. AND, her naps during the day are getting better too. I think she may be down to one nap a day, but they are typically 2-3 hours long. That, too, is an amazing relief. I hated struggling with her to get her to sleep. Now, it seems like it's working out. We are a much happier Green family.



Also, when Marcus and I got home, we decided we would follow the famous Dr. Oz's suggestions on eating. He says to eliminate saturated fats, trans fats, "enriched" flours, and refined sugars. We went through our refridgerator and cabinets and sadly gave away our yummy bad-for-you-food to our neighbors who accepted it all with open arms! Honestly, I thought this was going to be a lot harder than it is. We cheat occassionaly. If we are at a friend's home and they cook something that we "can't" eat, we do. We can't be rude afterall. So, we've had a few cookies here and there. We eat a lot more fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. We had tried eating healthy before, but this time it seems to be really sticking. I believe our commitment is stronger this time. I mean, we threw out our good food! That's dedication. I'm not sure it I've lost weight, but I feel like my clothes are fitting a little differently, and I just feel good knowing that I'm doing good things for my body. We've tried a few of Dr. Oz's recipes that he offers in his book, and so far so good. I've come up with some of my own -- so don't fear, we're still eatin' well!

1 comment:

AJ said...

We have been having some major issues with Stella's sleeping too (probably partly due to 6 new teeth in less than 3 months). We try to let her cry it out, but she just stands in her crib and waits for us to "rescue" her. Let me know if you have any other good tips because it sounds like you've got it working pretty well.
And Samantha is as cute as ever. What a little doll.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails