Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another Hair Cut

But this time it was for Samantha. Her hair was just getting too long. We wanted to cut it awhile ago, but Marcus wanted to be able to show his family Sammy's french braid over Thanksgiving. Well, that never happened, unfortunately. The little one was just too squirmy. So then, I thought I'd do it last night. That didn't happen because I was at an Enrichment Committee meeting until 9:40pm. Tonight wasn't lookin' too hot either. Sammy was really tired and not cooperating. But I decided, I had to do it. No matter what. So, after her bath, I took the scissors and took off a good inch or so. It was rather difficult because I don't know what I'm doing and she wasn't too fond of sitting on our little table.

I had wanted to take pictures, ya know, to remember this event, but that too was rather difficult seeing that I was cutting her hair, Sammy was sitting on the table, Marcus was jumping around doing a mini circus act trying to keep her attention (keeping her from wanting to just turn around and see me), and Callie was...come to think of it, I'm not sure what Callie was doing...knowing her probably picking up things off the floor and eating them. We did take this after shot. Sammy was giving me a hug and Marcus took a picture of the back of her. Where my hand is placed is approximately where her hair was when it was brushed flat. You can see the difference. There was quite a bit of hair cut off.

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

Wow her hair was so long--I have NEVER cute Lucy's hair. It is still so long after the haircut.

Ashley DeMille said...

Good job Jenny. I can just picture the whole event, it makes me laugh especially the part about Marcus jumping around doing a circus for Sammy! Her hair is so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the story. I can picture it as well in my mind as actual pictures would have shown it. Her hair looks great! Good job Jenny!

rachel said...

Wow, that's awesome. Good work Jenny. Simon really really needs a haircut but I am holding off because it is hard work... it needs to happen soon though.

Kirstin said...

These two girls of yours keep you busy. I am so excited Callie said her first word. Halle's was "hello" as she placed a cell phone by her ear... I guess she sees that a bit too often huh?! I can't believe you also cut Sam's hair. Great job!!! I love how you describe it happening! Fun times at your house!

Heidi said...

Sammy has the most amazing hair. I can see how hard that must have been with her wanting to see what was making that noise at the back of her head. We find suckers work wonders. They really look forward to the haircut, too, when they know they get a sucker (they do get a bit hairy, though.) I'm having a free book giveway on my blog but you gotta comment before midnight on Tuesday . ..

Soren and Kilee Nickels said...

Jenny we want to send you a Christmas card but need your address. will you post it on my blog or e-mail it to me at kileenickels@gmail.com

maryirene said...

it looks great!! my favorite part about your post was the visual of marcus jumping doing a circus act. i could totally picture it. that's what jeffrey does when we cut sam's hair. hehe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails