Thursday, September 1, 2011

Soft Oatmeal Cookies

ooo these are so good!  Thanks to allrecipes.com.  I was making cookies for some people and decided I wanted to do something other than chocolate chip.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't sick of chocolate chip cookies (I mean, is that even possible?), but I saw my oatmeal sitting there and had fond memories of my childhood favorite cookie.  I was not disappointed with this recipe that I quickly found on allrecipes. 

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. white sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1.5 t ground cinnamon
3 c. quick oats (I used traditional and they were just as yummy)

In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.  Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.  Combine flour, baking soada, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture.  Mix in oats.  Cover. Chill dough for at least one hour.

Preheat the oven to 375 F.  Grease cookie sheets.  Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.  Flatten each cookie with a large fork dipped in sugar (I didn't do this, but I'm sure it's delicious with the extra sugar)

Bake for 8-10 minutes in preheated oven.  (I cooked for 8 minutes).  Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails