Friday, November 23, 2012

My Fireball

My dear Callie,

The past few weeks, I have been thinking a lot about you.  All day long, I think about you.  I wonder how to be the best mom for your personality.  You are tender and gentle, sensitive and kind, and also so full of fire!  You are pure energy...and I love that.  I love that you are so curious.  I love that no matter where you go, you make new friends.  I love that you notice others and think of their feelings often.  I love that even though you sometimes make choices that aren't always "good," you seem to be learning from them.  I love seeing you develop into yourself.

We've just had Thanksgiving.  It was really nice.  And though there are millions of things that I'm thankful for, you are on my mind, once again.  You, sweetheart, make my heart happy.  I am so thankful for you.  Tonight we were able to spend some time together.  Sammy and Micah were occupied and so, before Sammy went to bed, we played in your room with your La La Loopsies.  I'm not sure what was so funny, but you were laughing so hard, and I just joined in.  Your laugh, that hearty one you do...when your eyebrows go up and your entire face totally and completely lights up...is so contagious.  We had such a great time.

Tonight we read books in my bed.  I love reading books in my bed with you.  I remember the day when I first discovered that I could read on my own.  I was in Grandma and Grandpa's bed back in Michigan.  I remember feeling so proud of myself.  Anyway, as we read, you thought things were so funny...things we have read over and over all of a sudden took on new life for you, and you were cracking up.  I love that about you.  You can see the old and make it new.

And tonight, when I tucked you in...like I always do, I laid down beside you, scratched your back, and kissed you goodnight.  But this time, you asked me not to leave.  "Callie, I have to get up."  You didn't say a word, and I decided to stay with you longer.  We held hands as you dozed off, and I laid next to you.

Callie, I hope you understand how much I love you and how much joy you bring to my life.  I'm not sure what life would be like without you.  Today, and everyday, I'm thankful for your smile, spirit, and strength.  I'm so grateful to be your mommy.

I love you Sweetie.

Mommy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails