Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Operation Christmas Child


This year as a family we filled shoe boxes with gifts for Operation Christmas Child
"Operation Christmas Child? What's that?" you say.


The concept is this: Share the love of Christ through these boxes filled with gifts. It sounds kind of simplistic, but guess what? I think the Gospel of Jesus Christ is actually pretty simple in its teachings. And if I can help a child feel that love, even for a moment, a box I will send.

Callie had a ridiculous amount of fun picking out items for the girl box and boy box. She was giddy, but also very careful about her selections. She'd pick something up at the store and then say, "No, that's for a little kid. This girl is six like me." And she'd keep looking. I loved every moment of it. We packed the boxes, wrapped the boxes (which was trickier than I thought it would be), and walked down the street to the local church that was participating in Operation Christmas Child.





I think we have a new tradition.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails