Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm a Teacher!

(Samantha's birthday pictures will be coming. Stay tuned...)



In the attempt to get "organized" I have started packing up some of our stuff for our move in August. While going through some papers, I came across my teaching license which stated an expiration date of June 30, 2008. That was about a month ago. Though I'm not currently teaching, and probably won't be in the near future, it's important to me to keep this license current. I worked hard for it, and I loved teaching. So if it were to just expire, to me, it would be like my time, energy, and love that went towards teaching, would, in a sense, vanish. Silly, but the point is, I want to keep it current. Plus, if I were to ever privately tutor, I could charge more money because I would be a licensed teacher.



I quickly looked up what I need to do in order to renew my expiring license. I was discouraged. I was pretty positive that I didn't have time. But I pressed onward. I made a few phone calls, took an Independent Study class online (which I completed in 3 weeks and got an A- in...phew), and attended a Writing Workshop on BYU's campus. The class and workshop gave me the extra points I needed towards my renewal.



Today I drove up to Salt Lake City to the Utah State Office of Education and they renewed my license on the spot -- with 6 days to spare. So, though I don't currently teaching, according to the state, I can still say "I'm a teacher!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO, so, so proud of your determination and hard work!
You, Jenny, are indeed a teacher.
Congratulations!!!!!!!

The Bobos said...

Congratulations Jenny! I'm so proud of you being able to do that so quickly, right before you move and with two little girls! You are truly amazing.

D-n-E said...

Congratulations, Jenny! I am so impressed you got all that done while juggling 2 kids. You are amazing.

Amy said...

Yay, Jenny! Keep it up for years to come! I'm sure you'll never regret it.

maryirene said...

way to go!!!! you are amazing. you can do anything. don't ever forget it. you inspire me. i miss you already.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails