I'm pretty sure I was tagged...Jessica, if Jenny G. isn't me, sorry. The last time I was tagged, I didn't do it. Not that I didn't want to, I just was busy and never got around to it. I've carried around bloggers tagging guilt ever since. So, as to avoid that, here we go.
Six random things about myself:
1) My mood is greatly affected by the cleanliness of my apartment, in particular my kitchen. I can't go to bed with a messy front room or kitchen. This drives Marcus crazy sometimes, but I'd rather do it before I go to bed than wake up to a mess. It drives me insane!
2) I have a shameful addiction to night time drama shows -- namely Grey's Anatomy. I'm embarrassed by it. If Marcus mentions it to people while I'm there, I laugh and roll my eyes as if he's making it up, anxiously trying to change the topic. I know it's basically an evening soap opera. I know it's a waste of time. I know it's immoral and corrupting my mind. But I'm so hooked and eagerly anticipate the season premiere. It's my drug. Perhaps by admitting it, I can begin to cut the habit.
3) I love people. I am a believer that most all people are inherently good. I get a lot of my energy from being around others. This is great because I seem to meet people everywhere I go and get into fun conversations. However, sometimes this is a curse! Yesterday, on my way out to the gym, I was stuck in the parking lot with another man who also loves meeting people...we were there for over 45 minutes. I don't know if he stopped talking to even breath. Needless to say, I didn't go to the gym that night.
4) I am a born again Cougar fan. I've always enjoyed the football games. The last couple years we were in Provo were the only years I didn't get a season's pass, and I've been there since 1998. Those last years, I would have gotten tickets, but it was too complicated with Samantha -- or so I thought. If I was a bigger fan, I'm sure I would have figured it out. This summer, after going to the Women's Football Clinic, something inside me changed. The energy I felt for the Cougs my freshman year in 1998 returned, and even more so. I now know our players and recognize them, read sports blogs, learn a little about our opposing teams, talk football talk with Marcus, and even ask him questions. Our marriage has been greatly strengthened because of my renewal of commitment to BYU football.
5) I love to cook. When I lived with Marci, Reagan, and Becky, we used to bake almost every Sunday. That was Marse's influence. And I loved it. Not only because I had something sweet (and incredibly I wasn't gaining weight then), but it was fun for me to experiment. I love cooking new recipes for dinner -- I had a hit last night by the way. (It looked like something off of Rachael Ray, or that you'd buy at Red Robin. Yes, THAT good. And it tasted that good too. I'm not being shy about this one. It's great and easy!) Anyway. I love to cook and get a lot of satisfaction out of making a good meal and serving it to my family. But it's not enough for me to have it taste good. A yummy, balanced meal is the ticket.
6) I want a lot of kids. A lot is relative and I'm not going to divulge some number here on this blog post. But I do know I, we both, want more. Sometimes I get stressed out with the 2. Samantha and Callie are wonderful, but they are consuming. Aren't all kids? With that said, I don't feel like we are even near to done. When I think about our future family, I sometimes get scared and nervous because I don't know how we will go about doing it all...if we will have other kids with issues, etc. And I feel a little incompetent as a mother. But, since I do feel so strongly that we have a few more kiddos to come, I'm hoping the Lord will help me out in the mothering so I can not only handle it, but be good at it.
That's me. Tell us about you....whoever would like to share.