Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Last Lecture -- by Randy Pausch

I thought I had done a review on this, but apparently I haven't. I read this awhile ago and absolutely loved it. This is what I call a "trendy" book, but with lasting influence. A trendy book to me is what everyone is reading at the time. It's all the rage in literature. This was definitely the case. Sometimes trendy books, however, don't have a real strong impact as much as it's just a good ready. For instance, the Twilight series. Everyone was reading them, including me, but there's not much more to it than a fun story. And it was a fun story. But The Last Lecture not only drew in thousands of readers, but it also changes lives. I really believe that. I wasn't as much impressed with the eloquent writing or anything truly literary, as much as the content of the book. I feel like this book made me a better person because the book is packed with real life lessons that everyone can apply to their lives. I loved this book. Loved it. Yes, of course I cried. And I later cried when I heard on the news that he had died. He was a beautiful man with a beautiful spirit.


the lecture in its entirety can be seen here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails