Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She Loves Me

Yesterday was pretty great. Two big things happened. Yesterday, Callie and I spent some time on the couch reading. She LOVES to read. Can't get enough. We have several counting books, and normally we count together. Well, yesterday, Callie started counting the babies on the page, and she counted from 1-10 all by herself! I couldn't believe it! Now she can't stop. It's so so so cute to hear her count.

Later last night, after Sammy had gone to bed, Callie and I were sitting on the couch together. She was sitting on my lap, facing me. I'd call out a body part, and she'd point. This girl is very clever. She's got a lot of the basics down now, so I'm working on ankle, wrist, knuckle with her. Every once a while her eyes would get really big and she'd jump up to give me a big hug. Oh, what a sweetie. During one of these hugging episodes she said "I love you." WHAT?! Did she just say what I think she said? So I said "I love you too." And she said "I love you." Oh my good heavens. I melted. I can't get enough of this little girl. And now I know, it's official, she loves me too.

4 comments:

: ) said...

oh that is so wonderful an experience! My heart melted too just reading about it. What a sweetheart!

Erin said...

That is so sweet! She is a cute girl. I can't wait for that day too with my little one. :)

Peggy said...

That melted my heart also!

rachel said...

How wonderful is that?!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails