Sunday, May 15, 2011

5 Chip Cookies

Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Last night, I just have to say, I made the best cookies.  Ever.  Ok, maybe that's a bit dramatic, considering last night I didn't even like them.  It's true.  You know how cookies taste one way right after they come out of the oven, and then another way after they cool?  Well, who doesn't like a warm chocolate chip cookie?  Right?  So, when I took my 5 Chip Cookies out and had one, I was sorely disappointed.  However, this morning, I had another one...oooooh mmmmm.  Divine.  They were delicious.  I only gave them another try because I gave a plate of them to my friends the Williams...and they raved about them, eating the entire plate within roughly 3 minutes.  So, here's the recipe that I found over at Mommy's Kitchen.  And now, I have to control myself beyond my ability to do so.  I'm in trouble staying home from church with (sick) Callie today. 

Picture taken from Mommy's Kitchen. 
Don't they look so yummy?!  My cookies came out fluffy and soft, whereas these look thin and crisp.  Maybe they aren't, but that's the appearance anyway.  How did mine become soft and fluffy?  I think, maybe, because I beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugar longer?  Until it was really fluffy.  Oh, I also only cooked them 9 minutes.  Who knows, though?  The crispy edges with a softer, chewier center sound dreamy too.



Mommy's Kitchen
5 Chip Cookies

1 c. butter - softened
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
2/3 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 c. oats
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. chips of each: milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, peanut butter, and butterscotch

In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time.  Beat in vanilla.  Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.  Stir in chips.  Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes.  Cool 1 minute before transferring onto cooling rack.

You won't be sorry that you spent a fortune on all these different baking chips.  I fully intend on making another million of these for all of Samantha's teachers, therapists, and staff at Scribbles & Giggles to show our appreciation.  I mean, I got to spread the love here.  It's now become my duty to let them all taste these.  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails