Thursday, May 5, 2011

Potty Humor

Yesterday we had a little incident.  Yes.  An incident.  It caused a little panic, to say the least. 

Last night, I was talking to my dear mother-in-law about a dilemma I was having.  Callie and Sammy were in the hall playing while we sat in the girls' (aka. Bryan's) bedroom.  Callie entered the room and I heard a faint "ahhhh" -- a familiar Sammy sound. 

"Callie?  Where's Sammy?"  That's when I noticed the bathroom door was shut.  This is never good.  Sammy has locked herself in the bathroom before by opening up a drawer close to the door...causing a little jam.  But this time, the door was shut shut shut.  And it was locked.

"Callie?  Did you put Sammy in there, or did she go in there herself?"
"I put her in there."  Ok, she gets points for being honest.  And I knew she wasn't trying to hurt her or anything.  I wasn't worried about Callie.  No need to be upset.   What I was worried about was Sammy in the bathroom, locked in.  There was NO way to get in and there was NO way Sammy was going to open the door. 

Peggy got a "key" of sorts for the door, but we couldn't pop the lock.  My heart rate increased at this point and my mind immediately went over all the dangers in the bathroom.  There was no water in the tub.  I was pretty sure Sammy wouldn't go for the toilet.  There is a drawer where Colin has some razors.  That was my biggest concern.  But the scariest part of it all was that it was completely quiet in the bathroom.  Peggy banged on the door "Sammy?"  No answer.  We couldn't get a peep out of her.  I was starting to think we'd need to get an ax and cut the door down.  I was afraid she was having a seizure, alone, in the bathroom.

Just as I was going to suggest we pray, I was able to get the lock popped.  And what did we see?  Sammy, laying calmly on the bathroom mat.  Yes, she was very sleepy, and it looked as if she was getting ready to take a nap.  I so wish I had taken a picture before quickly picking her up and hugging her...but I'll tell you, that sure diffuses any stress.  It was quite humorous.  What a cutie pie.

1 comment:

Rob and Marseille said...

I don't know what's worse- your child screaming and you can't get to them. or silence and you can't get to them & don't know what's going on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails