Friday, August 5, 2011

Old Favorites

When Sammy was a baby, I received a cd of old nursery songs.  I instantly fell in love with this music.  It was a cd that they (Dave and Barb) had compiled for her, and I can't tell you how much we listened to it.  Since we moved, I haven't been able to find the cd.  I sing these songs to our girls, but I had forgotten the words...so today, I found them on youtube.  I love love love these 2 songs.  I guess I'm either a Lu Ann Simms fan or I just like the old classics.  Maybe both.

This first song, at first, seems a little creepy. Sandy the Sandman comes through the window once you fall asleep. Then he takes you to this magical land. A little scary, but it's really catchy and quite cute.

And then there's this one..."The Little Rag Doll."  Sorry.  I just love these.  The sounds of innocence, the little frolicky sounds.  They are cute and fun.  Thanks Barb and Dave for introducing us to Lu Ann Simms.  I love her voice and the songs.

1 comment:

The Nelsons said...

What a cute song!! I love older music, too. It just sounds happy and like childhood. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails