Saturday, August 27, 2011

P.E.G.G.Y.

No one can replace your mom, especially if you really like her. My mom and I have clashed on many occasions, but I love and respect my mom. I love talking to her on the phone and look forward to when I get to see her. There's no question how I feel about my mom.

But I also have my mother-in-law. I know I've said it before, but I think I pretty much have the best mother-in-law. We live with her, and so she has the right to be nosey, intrusive, and all that stuff. Is she? Nooooope. She's respectful. She's kind. She's giving of her time and resources. Time -- just this week alone she's watched the girls a few times. Every week she arranges it so I can leave Callie home while I take Sammy to physical therapy. I told Marcus I wasn't sure how I was going to do therapy once we move out of his parents' house. It's been such a luxury having that help for doctor appointments and therapy...only needing to bring Samantha. Resources -- I'm not going to lie. I still get giddy when she buys me a new shirt or cleans out her closet. Seriously. This lady has good taste and who doesn't like being the beneficiary of it! Awesome.

I'm not as good as I ought to be at showing my apprection to others, and my outward expression of gratitude towards her and my father-in-law, is no exception. So, for that, I feel bad. (I commit myself to improve.) No, she's not my mom, but she is my husband's mom which makes her pretty special to me. Plus, I truly and sincerely like her. I look forward to talking to her, sharing thoughts, ideas, and opinions. I enjoy hearing her perspective. Before I left for Girls' Camp (which, by the way, she helped with the girls all week while I was gone), I was eager to show her a video that was being shared at camp the next week...I was excited to share that with her. And what did she do? She sat down and watched all 20 minutes of it...and I'm pretty sure she did that for me. Sure, she was probably interested, but partly because it was important to me. Whether that's why or not, that's how she makes me feel. She's one great lady that Peggy Green, and I feel blessed to be a part of her family.

1 comment:

Ames Family said...

I'm glad you have such an amazing MIL. It makes a big difference doesn't it?! I feel the same way about my MIL...too bad we're so far apart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails