Friday, July 26, 2013

End of Week 2

On one hand, I can't believe that we're ending week 2 of therapy!  But truly, on the other and bigger hand, it feels like we've been here forever and the thought of 2 more weeks feels so....ohhhh....long.  This has been a much more strained trip for me, but we're still enjoying the time with Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Bryan, and Aunt Lisi.  We're having fun seeing extended family and meeting new friends.  Callie's becoming a much more confident fish.  Micah's taking first steps.  And Sammy, well, Sammy's doing well.  There's always this nauseating rollercoaster ride I endure during therapy.  She does great, then I start to feel like she's not making any progress.  Then I'm encouraged again by something small.  And then I cry because I feel overwhelmed by her lack of improvement.  It's just the way it is for me.

 Sammy crawled right up and sat between Chuck and Ben.  I guess she just wanted to be a Roberts for the day.
 But she's also quite fond of Analisa and Alex.  She looks a little crazy here, but she really had been extremely excited and crawling around in circles and jumping around for about 45 minutes straight!  By this time, she was pooped.

 Sammy in the Monkey Cage.  She seemed to really like this.  Suspended, they work on her.  At times, she completely would relax and open up her back...even hang her head upside down to look at me.

 One of my highlights each day is taking Callie to swim lessons.  She loves them and is really improving.  I'm so proud of her.  She's conquering her fears and you can just see her beam confidence.  I love it.

 It's been so hot here, and this $11 investment has been soooo worth it.

Yesterday, however, I think I pushed my luck a little too far.  Swim diapers?  nahh  I didn't want to spend the money on them, and if I know Sammy's gone to the bathroom already, no problem.  But yesterday, oh sweet yesterday, Sammy bent over and I saw a bulge that screamed, "All children, evacuate the pool."  That was the end of that for the day.

 Is there ever an inappropriate time for an Otter Pop?  I think not.

 He didn't take a step here, but I assure you, it's happened 2 times.  And so far, he will stand for many, but will only take steps to Mommy.  As far as I'm concerned, that's how it should be, right?

 Friday morning, about to get ready for therapy.  These kidlets are waking up all too early considering they are going to bed later.  I hope Marcus is ready for a couple early mornings when we get back home.  I'm going to need a break!  And it'll be an hour earlier.  I'm not a fan of 5am mornings.  

 This little girl.  She brings me so much joy.  I mean, who really wants to have their legs strapped in like that?  But she smiles.  I want to be more like this little gem.

 Patiently waiting to get all strapped in....

and here we go.  Get that spider.  She doesn't love having her arms worked on, but such is life, right?

With the weekend ahead, I have a lot on my mind.  Mostly, I'm exhausted.  Seriously so tired am I.  I feel like I can't even function too well.  Yesterday, during therapy I slept a little bit, then I took a 2.5 hour nap when we got home.  I only woke up because Micah cried.  I could have stayed asleep for a very long time!

I look forward to week 3 and hope to see some more improvements.  I think they will come.  I pray they will come.  I believe they will come.  But it's 1 small step at a time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails