Sunday, April 5, 2009

Uncle Bob

My uncle passed this morning at 3:30am. He was ready. They, the family and especially the doctors, were amazed he lived this long. They were helping him stay comfortable for the past few days, and I suppose he finally decided he didn't have to hold on any longer. My aunt, cousins, Mom and Dad all had a chance to say goodbye and his immediate family all reassured him that he could let go...that he didn't have to hold on any longer. I am sad. I am. But on Friday, while I was thinking about him, I felt peace. I'm so grateful to know that there is life after this one, and that families are eternal. I will see him again. And I'm sure my grandma and grandpa welcomed him with arms wide open.

1 comment:

maryirene said...

so sorry for your loss jenny. even with our knowledge of life after death it is still hard to lose them in this life. my thoughts are with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails