Monday, May 11, 2009

My Sweet Marriage

Recently I was asked to be a guest blogger on Simply Sweet Marriage's blog. I was asked to write about how to maintain the spark in a marriage when you have the stresses of a special needs child. It was an interesting assignment because we really don't know any differently. Samantha was our first child, so we had to figure out how to make time for each other right away. And, I feel like this is an issue for all first time parents -- especially moms -- anyway. It's so easy to consume yourself in your child. You are responsible for their eating, sleeping, growing, learning, developing, etc. That's a heavy responsibility, and quite frankly...I know I felt like that was my most important duty/job/responsibility for a long time. And then, Samantha had a lot of other issues that we were working with. Over the past few years, I have realized, however, that though it's an extremely important job, Marcus is my number one priority. Our marriage comes first. So, anyway, I was happy to write this little blib for this blog. If interested, check it out and leave a comment for them. If anything, there's a cute picture of Sammy on it.:)

2 comments:

Simply Sweet Marriage said...

Thank you for sharing your personal life with the world. You really do have a Sweet Marriage!

Hugs to you. ;)

Marci said...

Awesome. And what a beautiful family pic at the end! :) ha ha.

love you. will catch up with you one of these days...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails