Monday, August 31, 2009

Friday -- Coming Home

Friday was our last day in Disney World. It started off great with breakfast at the Ohana -- a restaurant in the Polynesian resort. It was delicious food and it gave the girls an opportunity to meet more Disney characters.




Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandkids. Thanks Mom and Dad for the super fun trip!
Grandma, Brayden, Ian, Grandpa, Samantha
Hunter, Jackson, Alex, Callie, Lindsay
Some of my extended family was also in FL at the time. They had just gotten back from a cruise and drove up to see us. It was fun seeing them.
Peggy, Marilyn, Ashley, Callie, Bonnie, Geri, me, Samantha

These massive Toy Story guys were in the corridors of our hotel. Pretty cool stuff.


So, as I said, the day began off just fine. It was as soon as we hit the airport that we began our troubles. We left the hotel at 1:30 pm for a 4:30 flight. We had plenty of time, but we had to go with the shuttle service. We waited around the airport, but it wasn't too bad, until...

a flight attendant insisted Sammy sit in her own seat because she is 3. What?! You've got to be kidding me. I was clearly irritated, but I grudgingly complied. The flight attendant then come and told me that I really should have brought a car seat because it's safer. Thanks. I'll make a note of that. So, Sammy pretty much hated sitting in her seat alone. She cried for about an hour. Then, she somewhat got used to it. Those around us were really annoyed, but what can you do.
When we arrived to Denver, we were planning on a 3.5 hour layover. We weren't thrilled about it, but we knew it was a part of the deal. When we landed, however, we were informed that our flight had been delayed. Our 3.5 hour layover, was now a 5.5 hour layover. That meant we would be getting to Spokane at 1am. That's 4am FL time, which we were all used to. We set up shop by a tv with a football game. We got some food. We investigated every terminal. And we waited and waited and waited. The girls were exhausted, and it took them so long before they'd fall asleep.

We finally got on our plane, and almost made it home before Sammy woke up and puked all over. Poor girl. Luckily it wasn't too messy, but I do think that it ruined my shorts. Sad since they were brand new before we went on our trip. Then she threw up in our friend's car. Then she threw up in the middle of the night. It was not a perfect ending to a fabulous trip, but oh well. You can't win them all.
Callie making a mess while she eats. I just thought it was pretty cute.
Callie found a new game. It took her awhile to figure it out, but by the time I decided to take the video, she had it down.

Sammy was completely out of it, but she smiled for Callie.

4 comments:

Gordon and Robyn said...

I love the videos! gosh, what a fun trip you guys had!

rachel said...

I'm glad that trip home is over. Wow, that sounds loooong and exhausting.

Courtney said...

Oh man! That sounds like such a rough trip back home. Probably not the best thing for me to read before I get on a plane this afternoon. Oh well.
But it looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your vacation! And I love that video of Callie. So cute!

Rob and Marseille said...

i thought they just had to be in their seat during take off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails