Friday, August 7, 2009

More on the Bars

Ok....here's something else I should say about those granola bars. Rachel originally created them from a cookie recipe. So, keeping that in mind, they are a softer bar, unlike my other granola bars that are more crunchy. My most recent change to them has been cutting down the sugar and the oats. I want to see how far I can go with the cutting sugar. I found when I used less oats, they were softer for my liking. Applesauce will also make them softer, and it's a sweetner. The original recipe is 1 c. of butter...but I have switched that to 1/2 c. applesauce 1/2 c. butter. I wonder what would happen if I did 3/4 c. applesauce and 1/4 c. butter. Maybe that would be too much. When I cut them up, I usually put them in the freezer so they keep longer. Well, I'll tell you...eating them from the freezer was so fantastic because there is a little chew to them. mmmm

Also, I have friends who kids have peanut allergies. For you guys, you can omit the peanut butter with no problem. Also, omitting the soy powder and water, and flax doesn't make a big difference on the consistency or cooking time.

Rachel is my inspiration. I can't rave enough about these bars. I love love love them and I love love love that my girls love love love them. They are a very healthy snack alternative. Thank you Rachel! Love you too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails