Monday, April 30, 2012

Healing My Heart

Tonight, Marcus and I went to the park with these two beauties.
Easter 2012

It was healing to my heart.

We had so much fun!
On Monday night, we have family night, and we try to always explicitly "teach" something before we play and have fun.  Today, we talked about the importance of exercise and taking care of our bodies.  We've had the discussions about eating healthy foods, limiting treats (which Callie is getting so good at...seriously I'm so proud of her), etc.  But today, we focused on the importance of moving our bodies.

Then, we played.
And we played.

We ran up and down the jungle gym.  
We went down the slides.  
Callie climbed.  
Sammy squealed.  
We chased each other.
Callie pretended I was a spider and I chased them all around the park.
Marcus and I even played on the teeter-totter.  I'm not sure when the last time was that I did that.

And Marcus and I enjoyed every single minute of it.
I'm a blessed woman.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm so sorry to hear your adoption fell through Jenny! It's so heartbreaking! I hope you can continue to take comfort in your family & in the peace of the Spirit. Keep smiling & things will work out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails