Sunday, May 6, 2012

Iron & Wine

This is my new favorite these days.  (Pause the music on the side bar, because you'll want to listen to this guy.)  I knew I liked Iron & Wine before, but now I'm kind of obsessed.  I do that with music.  How many times will I hit repeat?  It can be torturous to some.

There's something about his voice...a little haunting...and the acoustic guitar makes me happy.  Plus I think I'm becoming more and more folky.  Whaaaat?  I know!  When I was in Utah, Bryan came over and introduced me to Griffin House -- another new one I'm loving.  That night, we spent some time going through music and he said, "yeah, this sounds like you."  And I realized...what?  I have a genre that people associate with me?!  That was so crazy.  I've become that person.  It's not a bad thing, except that I have always like such a wide array of music.  But people, with age...you gain weight, get wrinkles, and lock yourself into music genres.  I'm just warning you.  So, take some time and enjoy some Iron & Wine, and let me know if you ever hear of him coming to concert in out in California.  It'd make me really happy to go.  And y'all are invited to join me in the happy-fest of Iron & Wine.

Great song:


Who doesn't love this song?


Um, was this on Twilight?  hmmm  Luckily I didn't know that before I fell in love with the song.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails