Sunday, May 20, 2012

Thirty Two

I look back over the past 32 years.  A lot has happened.  But, most of the a lot has happened only during the past...oh...ten years.

Mission.  
My mission completely prepared me for the life I'm living right now.  It prepared me for becoming the mom that both Samantha and Callie required.  I felt very prompted to go on a mission, and it became very clear to me why I felt those promptings from the Spirit after Samantha was born.

Love.  
There is nothing greater than falling in love with the person you will marry and will be your best friend, partner, teammate, compadre...forever.

Marriage.  
Fantastic.

Samantha.  
Blessings galore.

Callie.  
My little ray of sunshine.  

Callings.  Moving.  Jobs.  Failed Adoptions.  Successful Adoption.  Pregnancy.  Special Needs.  Fundraisers.  
Family stuff.   Friend stuff.  Therapies.  Schools.  Travels.  
Doctors.  Prayers.  Fasting.  More prayers.  Travels.  
S   T   R   E   T   C   H   I   N   G more than I thought possible.  Running.  Writing.  FSA.  Love.  Joy.

So much more I could add, but the point is, the past 10 years has been really full.  And I realize, it was the first 20-22 years of my life that set the stage for how happy I am right now.  I am grateful for a wonderful husband and dear children.  Every day I thank my Father in Heaven for them.  But today, I feel gratitude for my parents...for what they taught me and how they prepared me for my life.  They laid the ground work for what I am and who I have become at the ripe 'ole age of 32.  Their guidance, faith, and love led me here.

And I like where I am.      

 Happy 32 to me.

1 comment:

hilary said...

Happy birthday Jenny!! Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails