Friday, June 11, 2010

The Help -- by Kathryn Stockett

The Help The Help by Kathryn Stockett


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Oh how I loved this book for so many reasons. My one complaint -- I wanted more about Minny and Miss Celia -- I needed more closure there or something. I'm so intrigued with Miss Celia and I kept thinking she'd be more in the storyline. This is definitely the genre I like, so I was expecting to like it (and with all the feedback I've heard on it, I thought it was going to be what I expected anyway). But I love this. I loved the different narratives. I loved the characters. I loved the basic plot. I loved the suspense. I loved that I was on the edge of my seat at moments thinking, "no no no no no no!" or "That brat!" I haven't read a good book like this in a long time.

View all my reviews >>

3 comments:

Emily said...

Jen, I loved the Help too. Another book you may like is Same Kind of Different as Me. Different subject matter, but I left with the same feeling after the help - like I was better able to understand somebody's else's world.

mamazita said...

ME TOO! I just finished reading it about a month ago! I enjoyed every word, and I totally recommend it!

telisha said...

I'm right there with ya, a great book. Wish I was reading it with a book club to chat about it....HOpe you guys are doing well! Our girls birthdays are coming this next week. Yikes, they're 4!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails