Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful for Family

Callie (5 months old) with Great Grandpa Bud
This year, I've tried to explain to my almost 3 year old what "thankful" means.  She says the words "thank you," but she's never used "thankful."  I told her that to be thankful was to be happy for the things she has.  She seemed to get that, though her thankful/happy list definitely changes based on her mood.

One thing that I'm happy for is my family.  I live with my in-laws.  I'm surrounded by extended family.  Only miles away are Marcus' grandparents -- so Samantha and Callie's great-grandparents.  This week, for Thanksgiving, we have all of Marcus' siblings in town.  It's fun.  I love it.  The only thing that would make it better would be if my family moved out here and were only miles away.  I sometimes really miss them and wish they were closer than just a phone call away, but I feel so blessed to be surrounded by the Green side.  I'm thankful for them -- I'm happy I have them nearby.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails