Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful 3: Hat for Sammy




Today I'm grateful for hats. Samantha has never really had a hat that truly fit her. When she was a baby, I went to Build-a-Bear and bought a hat there for her. It was summer and after her surgery I needed something to cover up her head. Build-a-Bear it was. It was a cute hat with cherries on it. It was a hat made for a small stuffed animal bear, and it was the closest thing to fitting her that I could find. We've had a few other hats that people have made for Sammy. Every time someone would give us one, I'd cry. They were happy tears. I was so touched that people would think of Sammy. I mean, after all, it's just a hat. But it was so much more.





Recently while visiting my brother and his family, my sister-in-law, Peggy, told me that she had something for Sammy. Yes. It was a hat. Not only is it darling, but it actually fits. Sammy's tricky because not only is her head circumference small, but she doesn't have much of a forehead. And this hat....I mean, look at her. She's darling.







So, again, today I'm grateful for hats -- or just this hat. Because in this hat is patience, love, charity, service, Peggy, and Sammy. I think it's quite possibly the best hat. Ever.





3 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

that is a cute hat!

Peggy said...

Sammy looks so stinkin' cute in that hat! She is adorable! I loved this post, it was very sweet!

Heidi said...

Adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails