Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful 5: Friends

I have always been blessed with great friends. Always. Though I have always had many guy friends, it's my girl friends who are dear to my heart. Girls need girls. When I was young, Emily was my conjoined twin! We were pretty much inseparable. And throughout elementary, middle, and high school, my friendships with other continued to grow and be strengthened. Our interests may have changed, and maybe we didn't always hang out as much as we used to, but we remained friends.



College was incredible for me. I went to BYU alone. I didn't know anyone else there. I had a good roommate but it was the 2 girls who were my neighbors who I connected with the most. After that freshman year, Marci, Reagan (and Becky until she got married), lived together up until the day I left for my mission. We were more than friends, we became sisters.



On my mission, I met wonderful ladies. Some of my companions were phenomenal and I grew a lot from their example. But Rose, that girl and I just clicked. She was my companion in the MTC, and whenever we saw each other, I just got so excited to talk and catch up. We became roommates after our missions and she became one of my best friends.



We've lived in many different places. Since we've been married I have met some people that, no matter how far apart we live from each other, I will always hold a very special place for them in my heart.



This past weekend, I went to Santa Cruz with some friends. We took a Girls' Weekend and it was fantastic. I was so much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in ... a long time. I was crying from laughing so hard. We went to dinner, danced, talked all night long...just what we all needed.



I'm grateful for friends. I'm grateful that I've had the blessing of being about to surround myself with others who share my same standards, who are fun, and who can have a good time! 










Amy, me, Elena, and Sonia







Me, Elena, and Elaine

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad we're still friends. Thanks for the wonderful person you were and are!

Rose and Daniel said...

I feel the same way about you girl! I miss you!

Elaine said...

So glad you found your pedometer! :)

rachel said...

I'm so glad it was a lovely time and I'm so grateful for you! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails