Friday, January 10, 2014

Searching for the Smith's -- And Answer to Prayer

Last night I went to bed praying for the Smith's and those searching.  Again, I couldn't shut of my mind, or my prayers, once I was "formally" done.

And then I feel like I was reminded of all the MIGHTY miracles that have taken place since the search began...and probably 100's more that are unheard and unseen by us all.  I was so humbled by the immense love and Christ-like service that has been put forward for this family.  I'm a better person because of all those involved and because of the Smith's.

And I truly believe we are all working under the direction of that same miraculous God who created the world, created man... "But behold, I will show unto you a God of miracles, even the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob; and it is that same God who created the heavens and the earth, and all things that in them are." Mormon 9:11

And I also strongly believe that time and again prayers have been answered because of the united faith of hundreds, thousands of people.

"Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ is shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of earth."  Mormon 9:21

My prayer has been that this plane be found.  That we find this faithful, strong family who was on the plane.  And if it be His will, that they are ok.  I feel peace in that prayer.  And I believe, I know, those prayers are being answered.

And I know they are being answered through the hard work of others who are joining together and humbling spending hours of their time for a greater cause...even laying down their daily lives (time, energy, taking days of work, etc) for others.  That's compassion.  That's charity.  That, to me, is seeing a glimpse of Christ's face in the many who are involved.

I am a better person because of this all.  And though that may be little to some, I feel forever indebted to so many.

And....it made me think one more thought that has been lingering...

It is easy to question Why?  I don't claim to know the answer, but as I contemplated all those who are laying down their daily lives on behalf of others...I thought of those on the plane.  If they were not able to survive, in a way, have they not laid down their lives for me....for us?  Goodness, even if they are out there waiting for someone to find them...Has a loving Father not used this to change my heart, to change many hearts?  I'm not saying that that was the purpose of this accident...rather, an outcome.  A result.

I'm full of faith, hope, and love.  And even those involved in the search who do not believe in God or who have a different faith ~ I think we'd all say we've become better people because of this.  That we are all filled with hope and love.

Maybe it's the Smith's that I will be eternally indebted to.

I think that seems right.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Jenny, this is so very beautiful. I am so glad that you are a member of my family. I love you. I hope that my kids will be as lucky in their spouses as my nieces and nephews have been.

This is often how I feel about Michael. He is the way he is for many reasons, but one of the results is that he has made us, and continues to make us, better people, stronger, more faithful, more willing, more everything good. Not that there are negative affects, as well, but you know what I mean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails