Friday, January 3, 2014

December Was Busy


Before Callie was St. Lucia, we had a lot going on.  Thanksgiving came and went and before we knew it, it was Christmas!  Here's our last 2 weeks before Christmas....yikes...here we go:

 we trimmed the tree
while Sammy supervised


 we ate homemade cinnamon roasted almonds

 and snuggled in Callie's bed

 we went to Christmas in the Park and looked at all the trees
(even though we only see his backside, I love this picture of Micah)



 and tried to get a cousins shot

 and we met Santa.

 and clearly Samantha is overwhelmed by the entire experience.

 Callie was our St. Lucia again this year.  It's a Swedish tradition that the oldest daughter in a family dresses up as St. Lucia and gives out cookies, but Callie has taken that role, and I think Sammy approves.  Together we made sugar cookies and she performed her duties.

 Micah continued to grow and stun his fans.
 While Callie and Sammy cuddle on the chair.

 Callie performed in the kindergarten rendition of The Nutcracker and joyfully played the role as a candy ribbon doll.  If I figure out how to download my video, you'll be able to actually see her dance.  I have to admit, I teared up watching her on stage.  She knew her part and seemed to lead the others along...but she did NOT smile.  Later, when I asked if she was nervous, she said, "No, I was really excited.  But I didn't smile.  I didn't want people to see me smile."  I'm not sure why exactly, but ya know.  That's Callie for you.

 This picture cracks me up.  T is all smiles and Callie looks like this is among the most painful things she's had to endure in her lifetime!

 She began to loosen up though as we kept taking pictures.



 Adorable

Christmas Sunday pictures?  Not going to happen.



 ok ok ok.  Fine, just one more.

  I give up trying to get a solo shot of Sammy.









 This is maybe the best one, even with Sammy not looking

 This could have worked if it didn't look like Callie was about to kill.

 Christmas Eve
Wise Man and Angel
 3 Wisemen









It was a magical, wonderful Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails