This is how I did it:
* Rice: cooked in chicken broth and fresh squeezed orange juice (from 3 oranges). A few shakes of chili powder, a bit of coconut sugar. After it was finished cooking, a handful of flaked coconut and chopped cilantro.
* Beans: sautee onion. Throw in a bunch of black beans (I've started cooking dry beans. Because they aren't canned, you'll need to add more flavoring since there's no preservative in it. WAY cheaper and I feel really good about it too). Season salt, chili powder, whatever other herbs I have. I did a few shakes of Italian Blend seasoning. Handful of chopped cilantro.
Serve rice over beans...topped with shredded cheese and lettuce. I made a ton, froze a large bag of it, and we'll have it again tonight for dinner...a week later.
* put some frozen chicken in the crockpot with seasoned salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic, a little orange juice, and sometimes some coconut sugar. I've also just put some salsa in it before. Just season it however you like. When it's done, shred it up.
* For the rice, I use a combo of chicken broth and orange juice for the liquid. I add chili powder and sometimes coconut sugar if I want it to be a little sweet. Once it's cooked, I add a bunch of flaked coconut and chopped cilantro.
* For the beans, I like to dice some onion and sautee it before I add canned beans. My favorite is a can of black and a can of kidney. Then I just add seasoned salt and chili powder.
Can be served with chopped lettuce, sour cream, tortilla chips, diced avocado, and/or mango salsa. It's good no matter what you do