Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Masman Curry

One of our favorite recipes.  Easy.  Cheap.  Sooo yummy and GREAT left overs.

1 can coconut milk
2 Tbl. of paste  (I don't know what it's called, but you'll see on the container)
3 Tbl fish sauce  (I don't put this in.  Courtney Mangum does and seemed shocked that I don't.  It's not as authentic I suppose, but the fish sauce idea grosses me out, and I still think it tastes the same.)
4 Tbl. sugar
1/2 Tbl. of Tamarine paste
1/4 cup of water
3 Tbl. of peanut butter
raw chicken cut up in chunks
potato
yellow onion
cashew nuts

Mix the milk, pastes, sugar, and peanut butter, and water in pot until it slowly starts to boil.  Stir while it's in the pot.  Put in the raw chicken, onions, and potatoes until done.  

Ok, to make it much faster, I cooked my potatos while I was doing some of hte other prep work, then I put the potatos in when they were done.  The chicken cooks quickly, but the potatos take much longer.  It's not an exact science, this recipe.  It was a home recipe and she just gave me the ingredients.  Sometimes I have to add moer water depending on the boiling time, whatever.  Serve over rice.  We love this stuff.  Well, Marcus loves it, and I really like it.  This is his favorite meal.  I have other favorites, but this was is sure good.  And it's great as left overs too, which is nice.

Delish

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails