Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Searching

Not yet anyway, but within the next few (maybe 6) months we'll need a new vehicle. We have been a one car family for 4.5 of our 5 years of marriage. It feels good. But, the time has come to re-enter the world of being a 2 car family. When Marcus gets a job, it'll just be essential. So, we're going the minivan route because, after all, our family isn't getting any smaller. I started looking around today, and holy cow am I overwhelmed. I know what I want but that is far different from what we need. So, I have been conservative in my search, but still, I have no idea how to go about doing this.

In the meantime, I continue to job hunt for Marcus. I've put in about 10 hours going through websites and sending over to Marcus what he should apply for. We're a good team. I weed out job listings based on his qualifications and whatnot, and he either tosses it out (because I honestly just skim the job descriptions) or creates a cover letter and gets his resume and curriculum vitae sent out. Who knows what will happen. I'm assuming it'll take some time, but at least, for now, it feels good knowing that applications are being sent out. That's a huge step.

And so, to add to the stress of finding a job, we decide to look for a car that will hopefully last us a good 10 years. This may be harder than finding a job!

9 comments:

Lant Family said...

Good Luck on the job hunt! Hopefully you will find something soon and that will be a great move for you guys. Good luck on the van search! We have a Honda Odyssey and we love it! We also just love Honda in general. We would have looked more at Toyota Seinna's but they were out of our price range. You will love a van--they have so many nice features and storage.

legendswife said...

Prayer and teamwork will get you through.and maybe a treat:)Overwhelming now, but when it's all done you'll be able to thankfully look back and see it in different way.

God Bless

Ashley DeMille said...

good luck with all your hunting you're doing! I have to tell you we have loved our Ford Explore. I know it's not a mini van, but we love it. We mostly like it because we travel so much in the snow and bad weather it makes us feel safe! We also got it so we can go up in the MTNs. I don't know if you guys do that. But as far as vans go. I don't really have any idea. I am with Heather I LOVE Hondas so when we were thinking about vans we thought about the Honda Odyssey. They just seem very dependable. I don't know if I would go for a Toyota right now! :o) Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

We just got a Honda Odyssey - used, but still works great. We actually bought a Honda Element first - but decided that it just was too utility for a really functional family vehicle. So much for looking cool. That said, I LOVE My diaper bag on wheels. My favorite feature? I push a button and the doors on either side slide open. Its like the gates of heaven. OK maybe not that far - but our van is gold, so.... It really is a huge help and if you are looking for a minivan - I've only ever heard great things about Honda Odysseys. Good luck with both searches!!

Laura said...

We had to buy a van last year for our kids. We LOVE our mazda MPV. However, you'd have to buy it used because they don't make them anymore. It's a bit smaller than normal minivans (it's technically a crossover) but it's bigger than crossovers I've seen recently. I've also seen a lot of people driving Honda Odysseys. Good luck on the searching...

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

You're a good wife to job screen for the hubs. Maybe I should do that -- but I'm just an encourager... go honey, go find a job!

AJ said...

We have a minivan as well and it is kind of a love hate thing. We have a Chrysler Town and Country. It has been mostly good, but we have had some really bad and dumb mechanical problems, so definitely look at ratings and stuff. You have to go for the best you can get for what you can afford. I would say also look at what features you want like a dvd player (which is awesome if you take many trips at all), doors that open automatically and things like that. Good luck with the job search and finding a van.

Missy said...

Good luck with both! We have a Toyota Sienna and it has been an awesome van for our family. I'm sure you will find something:)

Amelia said...

Snow Auto (?) i think in Provo. They had GREAT deals on Hondas. We almost bought from there and imported it to Canada they were so good. I found them on KSL.com classifieds. TONS of minivans there. Anyway, good luck! I LOVE having a minivan!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails