Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Thank You Letter

I was asked to write a letter to the donors at Now I Can, explaining our experience.  I thought I'd write it here as well.  I was also asked to post it on Kidz.


To Whom it May Concern:


When we stumbled across Now I Can, it felt right.  I frequently follow my feelings -- but this feeling required more money than I usually spend, so I did my research.  And our decision was made.  We weren't sure how, but we were getting our Samantha to Utah.


After we decided, we scheduled her session, and miracles began to happen.  The finances appeared little by little.  A place to stay opened up for us (we are from California).  And everything just fell into place.


Upon arriving and beginning therapy at Now I Can, those tiny miracles continued.  Samantha is 5 years old with extremely tight muscles (high muscle tone).  In just 3 weeks, I've seen more improvement in her body and body control than I've seen in over a year!  She stands with increased stability now, flat on her feet a majority of the time.  She stands straight up instead of with her back hunched over.  And she extends her arms out further than she once could.  


Since being here, I've seen many physical changes in her, but I also see a proverbial door opening up for her as she gains control and learns to master her body.  What an incredible gift of increased quality of life.  With each stretch and movement here, her future opportunities are increasing.  She gains better knowledge of the world around her as she gains the proper mobility that enables her to explore it.  Again, what a gift.


Please take it most sincerely when I say Thank You.  Thank you for supporting Now I Can -- a seemingly small facility that brings about incredible change.


Sincerely,
Jeanette G.

1 comment:

Tara Bennett said...

I'm going to share this on kidz, if that's okay :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails