Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Remembering Wholeness by Carol Tuttle

Wow.  After a discussion with a friend, she handed me this book to read.  She thought I'd be interested in what Carol Tuttle had to say and so...I took the book and I read it.  I'm so glad I did.

There are some books that we read that are entertaining.  Some give us insight into other worlds and allow our creativity to soar.  It's invigorating and exciting.  Some books give us information that we've been looking for and tap into our logical minds.  And some, some books can do both.  This book did both for me.  Not because what she said is ficitional, but because it opened up my mind to a completely different world...a world that is right here, but a world that I haven't spent too much time reflecting and thinking about.  hmmm  This is confusing I'm sure.

Remembering Wholeness explores the spiritual realm of Energy.  Tuttle talks about how we are creators...born creators...on Earth here to create and learn how to create.  And through some of the things she explains and teaches, she encourages us all to create the life we want through our thoughts -- through energy.  Some of this, I admit, I thought was a little crazy at first.  Yet at the same time, it rang true.  There's a vernacular used with energy work.  Phrases like "Living your truth" and such are often used and then overused by society.  Talking about having our energy flow properly and things or the sort...connecting our energy with others...and if you are new to the topic, it can seem too much.  Strange.  Really out there.  But, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, there are certain doctrines that we recognize as truths.  We are all born with the light of Christ in us for one.  And as I read her book, I found I had been subconsciously substituting "energy" words with my own "religious" words.  So, when she would talk about energy, or connecting our energy with others...to me it made complete sense.  If we all have the light of Christ in us, perhaps that's the energy I can focus on.  It is light.  It is energy.  It is the power to create happiness.  Right?  (As a side note: Carol Tuttle, herself, is a very active of the LDS church.)

All I can say is that I have found more peace in my life, more calm and more happiness, as I have tried to implement just a little bit of what she talks about.  It's an interesting book to read and one that I think we can all take pieces from.  Did I agree with or accept everything she says ~ no.  But overall, I really enjoyed reading it.  If anything, I felt empowered when I was reminded that I am in control of more things than I think, while being humbled remembering that I have a Father in Heaven who is in control of it all...so when things don't turn out the way I'd like, there's a reason.  And most likely a really good reason.


1 comment:

Missy said...

I've read her other book "It's just my nature," and I've done the energy profiling program that she offers. It's interesting stuff. I definitely find a lot of truth in energy profiling. Some of the stuff she says is a little too "out there" for me, but that's totally fine. You take what you like and leave the rest like anything else:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails